- To promote the application of integrated and participatory approaches toimpact assessment, conducted to the highest standards.
- To promote the assessment of the biophysical and socio-economic implications of project plans, programes and policies as a critical contribution to sound decision-making processes; and to equitable and sustainable development
- To promote domestication of international declarations protocols and Multilateral Environmental agreements (MEA’s)
- To create a forum for the participation of Civil Society and the general public
- To further promote awareness on the practice of assessments